Those who do not know history and learn from it are doomed to repeat it.
Below are more jobs for a competitive Private Sector
1. If the private sector can perform any service or function, then government should be forbidden from entering that market place. Let the private sector do the jobs. If the states can perform a service, then the Federal Government should not be doing it. Put an end to duplicated policing. The Federal Government should be restricted to doing the following: first only things called for and allowed in the U.S. Constitution, second only the things that the Federal Government can do. Just because the Federal Government can do something does not mean it should.
2. I would like to take every possible opportunity to reduce the size and scope of the Federal government. Return the Federal government back in line with the original constitutionally defined, enumerated and limited powers. I believe we should be seriously scrutinizing all branches of the Federal government to look for opportunities to close down the federal intrusion into what should be private or state control.
3. Government contracts should be competitively bid but not subject to the GS pay scale requirements. Let the private contractors bid and pay based on their own scales.
4. All of Government should be required to abide by every rule and restriction they create for citizens, no exemptions. This means all government employees. There should not be special government plans or programs that are not available to ordinary citizens. Government employees’ compensation should never exceed that of their peer private sector’s compensation.
5. Let’s reclaim, reaffirm and protect the rights of our individual citizens. I believe in private property rights. If property must be taken from a citizen for the public good by eminent domain, he must be compensated at 4 times its’ value.
6. The Constitution states “all legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress.” Only Congress can create laws. This implies that bureaucrats, judges and executives are prohibited from creating laws. We need to spend more time at repealing bad, unauthorized and unnecessary laws, rules, regulations and restrictions, before making new laws.
7. There should be no bailouts using government funds. Bankruptcy laws have methods of resolving unsuccessful companies’ affairs.
8. I believe in requiring the Federal Government to operate on a zero-based budgeting plan. It should fund first the military payroll, second social security obligations, third debt service and then only essential government services. In budget planning it needs to be forbidden for anyone to attempt to not pay the first 3 essential obligations. These obligations will always be paid automatically not subject to political whims. When available dollars have been budgeted according to the previous plan, then unfunded programs need to be suspended. When we get more money, the unfunded programs can be reviewed.
9. Obamacare must be entirely repealed. Healthcare and insurance should be a private sector marketplace. Perhaps interstate commerce laws should be applied so that healthcare and Insurance can be sold across state lines.
Paid for by John Webb for Congress